Lau HY et al. – The combination of the Perigee system and transobturator tension–free vaginal tape (TVT–O) offers a safe and effective treatment for cystocele with urodynamic stress incontinence (UDSI) and may be performed as first–line treatment.Methods
- A retrospective study of 115 patients with symptomatic stages 2–3 cystocele and UDSI who were treated with a Perigee system (Group I, n=68) plus TVT-O procedure or traditional anterior colporrhaphy (Group II, n=47) plus TVT-O procedure.
- All patients were followed up for more than 1 year.
- Objective and subjective symptoms were evaluated at one year postoperatively.
- Statistical analysis was performed using SPSS software.
- The objective cure rates for cystocele at one year were significantly higher in Group I than in Group II (98.5% and 86.9%, P=0.018), respectively.
- The cure rates for UDSI in the two groups were 91.0% vs. 91.3% (P=1.000).
- Symptomatic improvement of frequency was better in Group I than Group II (87.7% vs. 70.0%, P=0.030).
- There were no significant differences with regard to intraoperative and postoperative complications between the two groups.