Surgical Management and Clinical Prognosis of Adrenocortical Carcinoma
Urologia Internationalis, 06/26/2012
Dong D et al. – Surgery is considered to be the only method to cure adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC). For ACC in stage I and II, tumor resection is the most effective treatment, and second surgical operation is recommended for local recurrence. For ACC in stage III, extensive surgical operation is recommended, and for ACC in stage IV, surgical operation has no effect on the prognosis.Methods
- Clinical data of 45 cases of ACC treated in the authors hospital were retrospectively analyzed.
- The 45 cases included 3 cases in stage I, 12 cases in stage II, 7 cases in stage III, and 23 cases in stage IV.
- All patients were followed up from 2 to 141 months.
- The average survival time of 31 patients with surgery was 32.46 months, and the average survival time of 14 patients without surgery was 4.75 months.
- There were statistically significant differences between the two groups (p < 0.01).
- There were no statistically significant differences between the two groups in survival time in stage III and stage IV (p > 0.05).