Indocyanine Green Reinjection Technique for Use in Fluorescent Angiography Concomitant With Cholangiography During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques, 08/10/2012
Kaneko J et al. – Fluorescent angiography using this ICG reinjection technique might enhance the safety of laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Methods
- They developed an indocyanine green (ICG) reinjection technique for use in fluorescent angiography.
- Here, they evaluated the efficacy of the ICG reinjection technique in fluorescent angiography in discriminating the arterial system with the concomitant use of fluorescent cholangiography.
- Twenty–eight patients were enrolled in the study.
- All patients underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy without complication.
- After reinjection of ICG during surgery, fluorescence of the cystic artery was visualized in 25 patients (89%).