The G894T polymorphism on endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene is associated with increased coronary heart disease among Asia population: Evidence from a Meta analysis
Thrombosis Research, 07/31/2012
Evidence Based Medicine
Zhang K et al. – This meta–analysis indicated that eNOS 894G/T polymorphism may play an important role in coronary heart disease (CHD) development among Asia population.Methods
- Up to October 2011, databases including PubMed, Embase and CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure) were searched to access the relevant genetic association studies.
- Summary odds ratios and corresponding 95% confidence intervals (CIs) for eNOS 894G/T polymorphism and CHD risk were estimated using fixed or random–effects models when appropriate.
- 18 case–control studies with 2,994 cases and 3,130 controls were available for this study, including 13 studies of East–Asia descendents, 5 studies of Non East–Asian descendents.
- The mean T allele frequency was 0.111 in the East–Asia population and 0.147 in the Non East–Asia population, respectively.
- The summary OR for CHD associated with the T allele was 1.52 (95% confidence intervals (95%CI), 1.37–1.69) by random effects model.
- Similarly, significantly increased risks were observed in the East–Asia population (OR=1.54; 95%CI=1.35–1.76) and in the Non East–Asia population (OR=1.48; 95%CI=1.24–1.77), respectively.