Cerclage wiring in displaced associated anterior column and posterior hemi-transverse acetabular fractures
Lin HH et al. – Cerclage wiring is very useful and effective in the reduction and fixation of displaced associated anterior column and posterior hemi–transverse acetabular fractures, and supplemental fixation with reconstruction plates and screws is necessary.Methods
- This is a retrospectively clinical study of such cases where the main surgical strategy was open reduction and internal fixation with cerclage wire and reconstruction plates.
- Data on 12 cases treated between 1992 and 2011 were collected.
- The mean follow-up period was 32(12–132)months.
- Reduction with a fracture gap of less than 2mm without articular stepping and solid union was achieved in all 12 cases.
- Postoperative complication developed in one case of symptomatic arthritis.
- Excluding the case with symptomatic arthritis, the other cases had good to excellent final D’Aubigne and Postel functional results.