We have a full time opportunity at Upper Chesapeake Health in Harford County (35 minutes NE of Baltimore).
- The ideal candidate for this position will be BE/BC, team player and likes high acuity. We manage 2 ER’s in the area.
- The opportunity is to primarily work at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (UCMC). The ED currently staffs 25 full-time EM physicians, 6 PAs and 4 Pediatricians.
- Annual patient volume of 65,000 at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and 31,000 at Harford Memorial.
- There is a separate Peds/ED at Upper Chesapeake with an annual patient volume of 14,000.
- We provide 60 hours of physician coverage at UCMC and 39 hours Harford. In additional we provide ample mid-level coverage at both sites.
- UCMC was built in 2000 and then expanded in 2008.
- UCMC has 200 beds with a fairly young medical staff.
About the hospital:
For almost a century, Upper Chesapeake Health (UCH) has offered the residents of northeastern Maryland an unparalleled combination of award-winning clinical expertise, leading-edge technology, and an exceptional patient experience. The vision is to become the preferred, integrated healthcare system creating the healthiest community in Maryland.
UCH partnered with the University of Maryland Medical System in July 2009 in order to continue its commitment to provide this growing community with expanded clinical services, programs and facilities and to enhance recruitment of physicians to the area.
Upper Chesapeake Health's effectiveness in treating people is illustrated by the fact that the following national and state quality institutions have recognized the efforts of our physicians, nurses, and other team members to provide our communities with excellent clinical care.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation (AASM)
- American College of Surgeons
- Maryland 2008 Gold Award
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS)
- The Hospital's web site is www.uchs.org .
Exploring Harford County:
Harford County offers a wealth of opportunities for exploration and entertainment. Scenic parks, world-class golf courses, state-of-art sports complexes, unique shopping and dining options provide a superior quality of life for residents. The community boasts:
- 140 miles of shoreline
- 6,850 acres of Protected Open Space
- 6,626 acres of State Parkland
Harford County was recently named one of the "Best Places to Live in Maryland" by Baltimore Magazine. Your family can also benefit from all that Harford County has to offer:
- Safe neighborhoods and excellent schools
- Moderate tax structure
- Convenient access to major cities and cultural amenities
- Very low crime rate
- Outstanding four-season recreational activities
- Pleasant commuting in a non-congested area
The Harford County Public School System is one of the fastest growing in the state and one of its most successful. Harford County's students have consistently scored above state and national averages in all standardized test results. The school system's enrollment increase has been fueled by a booming residential development.
Located along the I-95 corridor midway between the Baltimore and Wilmington/Philadelphia metropolitan centers, Harford County's moderate tax structure, access to transportation, and progressive government have been attractive to business and commercial development as well.
For additional community information please visit:
- Explore Harford County where there is something for everyone to love at www.hardfordmd.com
- Welcome to the official Harford County, Maryland Government site at www.co.ha.md.us .
- Discover information for parents, students and the community about Harford County Public Schools on their official website at www.hcps.org .
- Harford County Kids website mirrors the monthly publication for families living and working in Harford county at www.hardcoutykids.com .
Upper Chesapeake's Health's Proximity to neighboring cities:
- New York: 165 miles/3hour drive
- Philadelphia: 75 miles/1.5 hour drive
- Harrisburg: 80 miles/1.5 hour drive
- Wilmington: 40 miles/60 minute drive
- Baltimore: 20 miles/30 minute drive
- Annapolis: 50 miles/60 minute drive
- Washington, DC: 60 miles/60 minute drive
- Richmond: 140 miles/3 hour drive
If setting down roots in a growing community hospital system, within an expanding community sounds appealing to you please email me a brief cover letter and CV.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Jim McMillin, MBA
Director, Physician Recruitment