Prognostic factors after liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma: a single-center experience from China The American Journal of Surgery, 05/29/2012
Liu L et al. – The French staging system is better for predicting the prognosis of HCC patients receiving surgical treatment.
- A retrospective analysis was performed on 165 consecutive patients.
- The Kaplan–Meier method was used to calculate survival. Postoperative prognostic factors were evaluated using univariate and multivariate analyses.
- The overall predictive power of each staging system was evaluated by the area under the receiver operating characteristic curve.
- The overall survival rates of 1, 3, and 5 years were 81.2%, 58.6%, and 56.7%, respectively, and the corresponding disease–free survival rates were 52.9%, 23.3%, and 15.5%, respectively.
- α–fetoprotein level and blood transfusion were correlated significantly with patients' overall survival, and portal vein thrombosis and tumor size (>5 cm) were correlated significantly with poor disease–free survival.