Predictive factors for breast cancer in patients diagnosed with ductal intraepithelial neoplasia, grade 1B
Anticancer Research, 07/27/2012
Bendifallah S et al. – From this large series, we were unable to define any accurate safety model for breast cancer. Surgery should be thus recommended.Methods
- Our study involved 212 patients.
- We compared the area under the receiver operating characteristic curves and the clinical utility of a logistic regression and partitioning model.
- Overall upgrade to malignancy occurred in 42 (19.8%) out of the 212 cases.
- The area under the curve for the logistic regression and partitioning model were 0.65 (95% confidence interval=0.61-0.70) and 0.58 (95% confidence interval=0.54-0.62), respectively.
- The lowest predicted underestimation rate obtained with the logistic regression model was 9.5%.