Rituximab induction immunotherapy for first-line low-tumor-burden follicular lymphoma: survival analyses with 7-year follow-up
Annals of Oncology, 07/12/2012
Colombat P et al. – A significant proportion of patients remain progression-free 7 years after a single 4-dose rituximab treatment in first-line LTBFL. The 7-year overall survivalOS is very high in this selected population of patients.Methods
- Of 49 first-line LTBFL patients who received weekly doses of rituximab (375 mg/m2), 46 have been followed with a long-term analysis of clinical and molecular responses.
- Best clinical response (at any staging within a year following treatment) was 80%, 24 (52%) patients had complete or unconfirmed complete response, 13 (28%) had partial response and 9 (20%) had stable or progressive disease.
- Of 31 patients having a positive bcl2-JH rearrangement, 15 (48%) became negative following treatment.
- After 83.9 months of follow-up (95% confidence interval 6.4–92.8 months), the median progression-free survival is 23.5 months and overall survival (OS) is 91.7%.
- Five patients died (one progression, one myelodysplasia, one diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and two solid tumors).
- Seven patients (15%) are progression-free including five who are bcl2 informative.
- No unexpected long-term adverse event has been observed.