The correlations between the expression of FGFR4 protein and clinicopathological parameters as well as prognosis of gastric cancer patients
Journal of Surgical Oncology, 05/15/2012
Ye YW et al. – High expression of FGFR4 protein, accelerating the progression of advanced GC, might be associated with a poor prognosis in patients with advanced FC.Methods
- Ninety–four paraffin–embedded tumor specimens were obtained from Cancer Hospital, Fudan University.
- The expression of FGFR4 as well as p53, p21, EGFR, neu, c–myc, and PCNA were detected by immunohistochemical method.
- Then, correlation analysis and survival analysis were performed.
- The expression rate of FGFR4 protein in GC tissues and normal stomach tissues was 93.6% and 30.8%, respectively (P=0.000).
- The expression of FGFR4 was positively correlated with the expression of p21, neu and PCNA (P–value was 0.009, 0.012, and 0.018, respectively).
- Subgroup analysis showed that compared to low expression group, the prognosis of patients with III/IV stage and negative expression of p21 in high expression group of FGFR4 were worse (P=0.048, 0.041, respectively).
- Multivariate analysis showed that TNM stage was the independent prognostic factor in high expression group (HR, 11.593; 95% CI, 3.532–18.058; P=0.000).