Imatinib mesylate discontinuation in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia who have received front-line imatinib mesylate therapy and achieved complete molecular response
Leukemia Research, 05/04/2012
Yhim H-Y et al. – IM discontinuation in patients achieved CMR after treatment with front-line IM might be feasible.Methods
- The aims were to investigate the feasibility of imatinib mesylate (IM) discontinuation in chronic myeloid leukemia patients who were initially treated with IM and achieved complete molecular response (CMR).
- Fourteen patients were included. Ten were relapsed within 9.5months after discontinuation of IM.
- All 7 patients with high Sokal risk were relapsed.
- The probability of CMR persistence at 1-year was 28.6%.
- All relapsed patients were still responsive to IM.