Nagai Y et al. – The present study demonstrated that cisplatin–based concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT)–TP achieved much better local control for adenocarcinoma of the cervix, leading to a decrease in locoregional recurrence.Methods
- The authors retrospectively analyzed data for 32 patients with stage IIB–IVA cervical adenocarcinoma who were treated with radiotherapy (RT) or CCRT.
- Fourteen patients were treated with RT, 8 with CCRT using cisplatin alone (CCRT-P), and 10 with CCRT using cisplatin plus paclitaxel (CCRT-TP).
- Complete response was achieved in 7/14 patients in the RT group, 4/8 patients in the CCRT-P group, and 9/10 patients in the CCRT-TP group.
- Ten out of the 14 patients in the RT, 7/8 patients in the CCRT-P, and 2/10 patients in the CCRT-TP groups experienced locoregional recurrence.
- The 5-year overall survival rate in the RT, CCRT-P, and CCRT-TP groups was 7.1%, 25.0%, and 74.1%, respectively (p=0.0094).