Effect of traditional chinese medicine on outcomes in patients with mild/moderate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: study protocol for a randomized placebo-controlled trial
Minghang W et al. – It is hypothesis that in patients with COPD will benefit with the therapy with TCM treatment according to syndrome differentiation.
- A prospective, multi–center, double–blinded, double–dummy and randomized controlled method was conducted to test the therapeutic effects of TCM treatment with syndrome differentiation.
- A total of 504 patients will be enrolled into this study with 252 in each treatment group.
- Patients will receive medication according to their assigned group.
- TCM for COPD administered twice daily over 52 weeks, all patients followed 52 weeks.
- The FEV1 and exacerbations, will be used as the primary outcome measures.
- The quality of life and the modified medical research council dyspnea (MMRC) scale and The Six–Minute Walk Test (6MWD) will be used as the secondary outcome measures.