Endoscopy Procedural Nurse - Day Shift - Georgetown , TX
Quantum Advantage, Inc ACHCR
Georgetown , TX
Our thriving, prosperous community continues to draw families and progressive commercial enterprises with its economic freshness and strong undercurrent of values, ethics and spirit. The area boasts a population of over 111,000 but still maintains a "hometown" feeling. This is low cost of living in a great location!
Hometown pride infuses our commitment to its natural beauty, its Texas-sized support of local sports, its emphasis on industrial growth, and its nurture of the body through its world-class medical center and of the mind through a strong educational base.
We have it all - hometown friendliness with big-city opportunities, including substantial industries, world-famous medical centers, top-ranked educational institutions, exciting arts and cultural activities. All this plus a crazy quilt of wildflowers in the spring covering the gently rolling Hill Country and mild Texas winters.
With a diverse mixture of talents and interests, our community truly mixes the cosmopolitan outlook on the good "life" with rich, down-to-earth country "style" to create a lifestyle which promotes personal, professional and spiritual growth.
Our hospital provides a variety of exceptional clinical programs and services, including multi-organ transplantation, cardiology, oncology and physical rehabilitation services, maternity, neonatology and emergency/trauma care.
We are seeking a ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURAL NURSE for a Day Shift. Must have Texas Registered Nurse License. Current BLS certification and ACLS certification are required. IV skills and cardiac rhythm recognition experience.
Endoscopy Procedural Nurse demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in the care of his/her patients.
The Endoscopy Procedural Nurse serves as a patient advocate and provides patient care through the development and implementation of ongoing systems and practices that promote and maintain quality nursing care for patients undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Provides patient care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Procedure and equipment set up is provided for infants and pediatric patients. The Endoscopy Procedural Nurse will care for his/her patients before, during, and after their procedures.
ABLE TO FUNCTION PROFICIENTLY IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ROLES FOR THEIR ASSIGNED AREA: * Perioperative Staff Roles
Day Stay Nurse
Pain Clinic Nurse
Sterile Processing Area
FULFILLS ADDITIONAL EDUCATION AND DEMONSTRATES UNIT-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Completes unit-specific competencies for all phases of patient care within four months and annually thereafter.
* Completes Dysrhythmia Course
* CROSS-TRAINS to cath/EP lab holding areas and procedure areas as directed.
* Maintains current CITI research certification.
PROVIDES ADVANCED CARDIAC CARE TO ENSURE QUALITY PATIENT CARE AND ENHANCED PATIENT SAFETY.
* Administers routine and STAT cardiac care to include cardiac monitoring, emergency medication administration and conscious sedation and precepts these skills.
* Scrubs for procedures utilizing sterile technique to include set-up and assisting physicians and precepts these skills.
* Circulates for complex procedures and precepts these skills.
* Safely and effectively achieves hemostasis following vascular sheath removal.
* Consistently meets required response time when on-call.
* Actively and routinely participates in patient follow-up activities.
* Administers routine and STAT cardiac care to include monitoring emergency medication administration and conscious sedation.
* Provides nursing care during dobutamine stress echocardiogram to include administration of dobutamine within established
Prefer to do it yourself? Post your CV to complete your professional profile today!
Register now to view all the MDLinx contents (FREE)!
View Samples and Register
- Stay current on the latest literature, research and clinical news
- Get special communications and offers from MDLinx and our sponsors
- Receive invitations to paid market research
Stay current - Media Tool