Use of Cefoperazone/sulbactam in neonates
Pediatrics International, 04/30/2012
Ovali F et al. – Cefoperazone/sulbactam can be used in the treatment of nosocomial infections caused by multidrug–resistant pathogens in neonates.Methods
- The records of neonates who were hospitalized and who received cefoperazone/sulbactam were reviewed.
- There were 90 infants who received cefoperazone/sulbactam.
- A pathogen could be isolated in 41 (45.6%) of the infants. In total, 17.1% of isolated pathogens were resistant to cefoperazone/sulbactam.
- Side-effects were seen in four of the infants.
- Two infants had cholestasis, one infant had neutropenia and one had superinfection with candida.