An operational approach to National Institute on Aging-Alzheimers Association criteria for preclinical Alzheimer disease
Annals of Neurology , 05/04/2012Jack CR et al.
The cross–sectional evaluation of the National Institute on Aging (NIA)–Alzheimer's Association (AA) criteria for preclinical Alzheimer disease (AD) indicates that the 1–3 staging criteria coupled with stage 0 and Suspected non–AD pathophysiology (SNAP) categories classify 97% of cognitively normal (CN) subjects from a population–based sample, leaving only 3% unclassified. Future longitudinal validation of the criteria will be important
MDLinx connects healthcare professionals and patients to tomorrow's important medical news, while providing the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries with highly targeted interactive marketing, education, content, and medical research solutions.