A nomogram for predicting lymph node metastasis of presumed stage I and II endometrial cancer
American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 07/16/2012
Bendifallah S et al. – Authors developed a nomogram based on five clinical and pathological characteristics to predict lymph node metastasis with a high concordance probability.Methods
- Data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) database for 18,361 patients who underwent hysterectomy and lymphadenectomy were analyzed.
- A multivariate logistic regression analysis of selected prognostic features was performed, and a nomogram to predict lymph node metastasis was constructed.
- A cohort of 437 patients was used for the external validation.
- The nomogram showed good discrimination with an area under the receiver operating characteristic curve (AUC) of 0.80 (95% confidence interval [CI] 0.79–0.81) in the training set and 0.79 (95% CI 0.78–0.80) in the validation set.
- The nomogram was well calibrated.