Evaluation of attitudes towards treatment in adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 06/29/2012
Ferrin M et al. – The potential of this questionnaire to explore the attitudes of patients and their families towards treatments and for clinicians to predict treatment adherence is discussed.Methods
- A 33–item questionnaire was applied to 120 adolescents diagnosed with ADHD and their respective parents.
- Reliability of the scale was explored using factor analysis, Cronbach’s alpha, and test–retest.
- Validity was explored by face validity and the known–groups method.
- For the young people’s version, three main dimensions (preoccupations, insight and self–concept) emerged.
- The parents’ version showed six main dimensions (child’s personal attitudes, worries, social stigma, insight, future side effects and knowledge).