Abdelwahab S et al. – Cetuximab combined with irinotecan when administered biweekly is safe and effective for treatment of pretreated elderly patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).Methods
- Forty-nine elderly patients (≥65years) with mCRC who progressed after at least one previous line of treatment were enrolled into this study from May 2008 to January 2011.
- All recruited patients received cetuximab 500mg/m2 and irinotecan 180mg/m2 every 2weeks.
- Thirty-seven patients (76 %) were men, and 76 % of patients had colonic cancer in origin.
- Median age was 69years.
- Median overall survival time was 7months, and median progression-free survival was 4months.
- Grade 3–4 skin rash occurred in 20 % of patients, grade 3–4 diarrhea in 18 % of patients, and neutropenia in 28 % of patients.