Group Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Early Psychosis
Cognitive Therapy and Research, 05/03/2012
Chung YC et al. – The results indicate that group cognitive behavioral therapy further improves the clinical status of stable outpatients with first–episode or recent–onset psychosis.Methods
- Twenty four patients participated in 12 weekly sessions.
- Clinical variables were assessed pre- and post-treatment.
- Primary outcome measures were the Ambiguous Intention Hostility Questionnaire, Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale, and Psychotic Symptoms Rating Scales.
- Secondary outcome measures included self-report scales evaluating emotion, functioning, insight, and schemas.
- Treatment significantly improved the primary and most of the secondary outcome measures.
- Insight was not significantly changed.
- Moderate correlations were observed between the primary and some secondary outcome measures.