Ferdinand KC et al. – Overall, the evidence–based Logic Model should enhance planning, implementation, and dissemination.
- Community hypertension (HTN) outreach seeks to improve public health by identifying HTN and cardiovascular disease (CVD) risks.
- In the 1980s, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) funded multiple positive community studies.
- Additionally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health (REACH) program addresses CVD risks.
- In 1978, in Baltimore, MD, the Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC), organized barbershops and churches as HTN control centers, as in New Orleans, LA, since 1993, the Healthy Heart Community Prevention Project (HHCPP).
- Also, the NHLBI Community Health Workers and Promotores de Salud are beneficial.
- The American Society of Hypertension (ASH) Hypertension Community Outreach program provides free HTN and CVD screenings, digital BP monitors, multilingual and literacy–appropriate information, and videos.
- Contemporary major federal programs, such as the Million Hearts Initiative, are ongoing.