Tibosch M et al. – Patient and caregiver reported outcomes on asthma control and the presence of psychosocial problems add valuable, unique information to physiological parameters in adolescent asthma management.Methods
- A multicenter observational study was performed in four Dutch pediatric outpatient departments.
- Association between asthma control, physiological parameters, and results of psychosocial questionnaires completed by both adolescent and caregiver was analyzed.
- Forty-eight adolescents and their caregivers participated in this study.
- Asthma was uncontrolled in about 30%. Asthma control was not associated with age, gender, FEV1, FeNO, or psychosocial problems.
- Agreement between adolescents and caregivers about how well asthma was controlled was moderate.