The University of Maryland Emergency Medicine Network has three exciting and new opportunities at Prince George’s Hospital Center, Laurel Regional Hospital and Bowie Health Campus.
Each opportunity is ideally located between DC and Baltimore.
About Each Hospital:
Prince George’s Hospital Center was founded in 1944 and is an acute care teaching hospital and regional referral center conveniently located in Cheverly, Maryland.
The Emergency Services Departments are staffed by highly-qualified, board-certified physicians, as well as dedicated, experienced emergency nurses. More than 49,000 patients per year are seen in the department. The department includes:
· 23 acute-care treatment beds including eight private acute-care treatment rooms, a 4-bed resuscitation area, an observation unit, and two trauma rooms
· A state designated Level II Trauma Center and the second busiest trauma center in the state of Maryland seeing over 3,000 trauma patients per year
· A designated STEMI center with a comprehensive Cardiac Care Program including 24-hour cardiac catheterization and open-heart surgery capabilities for all acute heart emergencies – the only hospital in Prince George’s County that provides these services
· 9 & 10 hour shifts. 56 hours of physician coverage with ample mid-level coverage
Laurel Regional Hospital , founded in 1978, is a full-service community hospital conveniently located in Laurel, Maryland. Nestled on the hospital campus is a free-standing Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Center and the only nationally-accredited Physical Rehabilitation Center in Prince George’s County as well as the Gladys Spellman Specialty Care Unit.
More than 36,500 patients are seen in the Emergency Department annually. Thirty-one separate treatment areas are used to treat both adults and children by a variety of specialists. These treatment areas include:
· An Acute Care section for patients with life-threatening problems and an Urgent Care section designed to treat patients with less severe conditions
· Several treatment rooms designed and equipped to serve women’s healthcare needs and private treatment areas for children
When medical emergencies arise that require the services of specialists, our on-call staff are available to meet specific needs. These specialists may include:
· Cardiologists, orthopedists, ophthalmologists, obstetricians and gynecologists, pediatricians/neonatologists, plastic surgeons, neurologists, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals
Bowie Health Campus is a unique 50-acre property located in Bowie, Maryland that provides for the healthcare needs of all ages, from newborns to the elderly. Its comprehensive facilities include the Bowie Health Center, Dimensions Surgery Center, Mullikin Medical Center and Larkin Chase Care and Rehabilitation Center.
Bowie is one of the first free-standing emergency medical facility in the state of Maryland. The Health Center opened in 1979. To meet the needs of the community, we are now opened 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For emergency medical services, we are usually faster than a hospital-based Emergency Department. More than 37,000 patients are seen in the department annually.
It provides the following services:
· Level 2 Emergency Services
· Laboratory Services
· Radiology (Diagnostic X-Ray) Services
We have needs at all three sites.
We also have needs in Harford County, downtown Baltimore and on the Eastern Shore.
For additional information, please contact:
Director of Physician Recruitment
410-328-1859 or 410-802-4481