The epidemiology of pediatric burns undergoing intensive care in Burn Centre Brno, Czech Republic, 1997-2009
Burns, 06/04/2012 Lipovy B et al.
A total of 184 patients (48.04%) were treated surgically and therefore required necrectomy and skin grafting. The other 199 (51.96%) patients were treated conservatively. During the reporting period 3 children died (0.78%). In the report the authors identify basic epidemiological data defined in the aim of this study for burned children requiring intensive care.
MDLinx connects healthcare professionals and patients to tomorrow's important medical news, while providing the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries with highly targeted interactive marketing, education, content, and medical research solutions.