Category 2 CME Credit
How to claim your time on MDLinx.com and The Smartest Doc for Category 2 CME credit
You may be able to claim your time spent reading MDLinx articles and taking Smartest Doc daily or review quizzes for Category 2 CME credit, if you're using the summaries, articles and quizzes as self-directed learning activities. Here's how:
- Request your activity reports monthly or weekly*
Add # of Credits to the activity reports based on your time investment
- Click any of the Cat 2 CME Recorder buttons on article and summary pages to get your reading activity.
- Click on the Cat 2 CME Recorder button upon quiz completion for your quiz history
Save your reports to support your claim for Category 2 credit
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with your activity for the past 30 days.
- You must add the # of Credits into the open section of the table contained in the report. AMA guidelines on this are:
In each case, the physician determines the number of credits by claiming one (1) AMA PRA Category 2 CreditTM for each 60-minute hour engaged in the learning activity. Physicians may claim credit in 15 minute, or 0.25 credits, increments, and should round to the nearest quarter hour.
- Once you have added the # of Credits to your reports, save them in a safe place to retrieve when you're ready to submit your claim to your institution or other such entity. Do not submit any claims to MDLinx.
- Not sure how to modify the email reports? Here are tips from MDLinx users that may help.
- Forward the email to yourself. Type in # Credits, then send it to yourself. File the email in a CME folder for easy reference later.
- Copy and paste the table from the email into an Excel spreadsheet. Update the spreadsheet each month with new entries from the emails. Save the emails in a folder. Submit them and the spreadsheet with the claim.
Questions? Suggestions for your colleagues? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
*MDLinx member activity is tracked in 7-day and 30-day cycles only. CME Recorder reports are not available for periods
of time longer than 30 days.
Your Unread Messages in Internal Medicine
See All >>
Messages include industry-sponsored communications and special communications from MDLinx
Register now to view all the MDLinx contents (FREE)!
View Samples and Register
- Stay current on the latest literature, research and clinical news
- Get special communications and offers from MDLinx and our sponsors
- Receive invitations to paid market research
Stay current - Media Tool